TF will attend the Solar Decathlon event from 28 June to 14 July 2014 and will present its latest achievements within the gardens of Versailles.
The 2014 edition of the Solar Decathlon Europe will be held for the first time in France, within the prestigious grounds of the Château de Versailles. This is a unique international university competition that enables universities and colleges to design and build a habitat powered solely by the sun.
The rules for 2014 focus on six main themes:
– density : collective dwellings are preferred in order to minimise the environmental impact
– mobility : the location of housing in relation to necessary resources
– innovation : construction methods, energy supply, furnishings
– energy sobriety : it is important to ensure an energy supply that uses renewable sources
– financial accessibility : avoiding uncontrolled increases of investments in sophisticated and costly equipment
– contextualisation of the project within its environment: each team must find a positive-energy housing solution that corresponds to the context and particularities of their home country.
200,000 visitors are expected at the event: including delegations from abroad, specialised press, the general public and professionals.
Download an invitation.
More information on www.solardecathlon2014.fr